With increasing technological and scientific advances, the efficient and effective planning and implementation of major projects, especially in hi-tech sectors, is becoming increasingly complex and critical. This course is aimed at providing both basic and some advanced exposure to PM, so as to enable the manager of tomorrow to successfully complete sophisticated projects within the constraints of capital, time, and other resources.
Objectives and Teaching Methods:
The course aims at the following learning targets:
- To understand the concepts of project definition, life cycle, and systems approach
- To develop competency in project scooping, work definition, and work breakdown structure (WBS)
- To handle the complex tasks of time estimation and project scheduling.
- To develop competencies in project costing, budgeting, and financial appraisal
- To gain exposure to project control and management, using standard tools of cost and schedule variance analysis
- To appreciate the elements of risk and quality in hi-tech projects
- To appreciate and understand the use of computers in project management, especially a tool like Microsoft Project..
Project Management Certification equips the business professional with leading methodologies and practices in the project management field. Project management is a requirement for professionals in many fields, with many employers now identifying project management skills as vital for corporate success.
Whether you are a business executive or an information technology professional, Project Management Certification will enable you to advance your career and develop your professional skills.
Who Should Attend
The course is recommended for project managers, senior executives, leaders, project team members, business analysts and managers, and entrepreneurs.
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- The candidate must have a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
- A general understanding of projects and business elements.
- The candidate must have completed a high school or secondary school diploma or similar educational standards.
What You Will Accomplish
Project Management certification covers the four key project management areas which are
- The Project Initiation Stage
- The Project Planning Stage
- The Project Implementation Stage
- The Project Closing Stage
This module prepares candidates to sit for the Project Management exam.
What You Will Receive
Students will receive an official course manual (softcopy) for post class reference and review.
Fast Track: 1 Month
Regular: 2 Months