Pre-Masters in Strategic business Information Technology
The Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT (QCF) (L7DSBIT) qualification is designed for you, if you are an IT and computing graduate or IT practitioner who wishes to further develop your career.
You will be exposed to a wide range of contemporary issues, which will enable you to develop the critical, analytical and technical skills needed for senior positions within the IT sector. The qualification will also develop your academic skills, which are required for further study at master's level.
- Route 1 (Academic)
- UK bachelor's degree with honours (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject.
- IT graduates who hold a bachelor's ordinary or pass-level degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related subject with exceptionally high marks may be considered for admission, at the discretion of NCC Education.
- Route 2 (Conversion)
- UK bachelor's degree with honours in a non-IT-related subject (or equivalent)
- Three years' work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility.
- Route 3 (Vocational)
- Five years' work experience in an IT environment, with evidence of technical or managerial responsibility
- The ability to demonstrate suitability for academic study, via personal or telephone interview with the Course Co-ordinator at your Accredited Partner Centre.
If you are a potential student whose first language is not English, you will need to obtain a valid score of 6.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent.
You must study the following four core units:
- Research in Information Technology - reflecting on the application of research approaches and communicating research findings in a suitable format for dissemination.
- Enterprise Software and Business Infrastructure - an overall view of how information technology is used within industrial enterprises, what is meant by 'enterprise software' and how it is incorporated within the underlying IT infrastructure.
- Strategic Information Systems Analysis - the concept of strategic information systems and how they may be deployed and managed in such a way that supports, enhances and is consistent with, the overall business strategy.
- Project Management - managing and controlling IT projects in a commercial environment.
Assessments for all units are offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year. Units are assessed by both examination and assignments.