The Pre-Master's in Business Management is a one year full-time qualification, which can also be studied part-time over two or three years. The qualification is structured into three terms, taught over a total of 32 teaching weeks, with additional time available at the end of each term for assessment. You must pass each of the following units in order to be awarded with a Pre-Master's in IT certificate.:
- English Language Level 4 - this Upper Intermediate unit aims to develop you into a fully independent user of English, through systematically improving your ability across the four skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening, as well as ensuring familiarity with, and accurate use of, a broad range of grammar and vocabulary items. You will engage with both factual and abstract texts and produce writing suitable for both personal and business communication.
- English Language Level 5 - this advanced level unit creates an opportunity for non-native speakers of English to perform on an equal level to native speakers in both academic and professional environments. Upon completion of this unit, you will have obtained a level of English suitable for Master's level study and be able to function in professional environments.
- English for Academic Purposes 1 and 2 - complements the English language units; these two units introduce you to the specialist language skills required to deploy improved linguistic competency in academic situations. The focus is firmly on skills development, to enable you to effectively implement strategies to understand academic input and produce strong written work of the type required for success at postgraduate level.
- Developing Study Skills for Postgraduate Learning - focuses on the practical skills required to learn successfully at postgraduate level. You will be able to transfer these skills to the workplace in your future career. On successful completion of this unit, you will be eligible for an exemption from the 'Study Skills for Postgraduate Learning' unit on the NCC Education Level 7 Diploma in Business Management qualification
- Finance and Accounting - looks at the key areas of finance, as well as developing your knowledge of and confidence in applying international accounting techniques. This will give you a firm grounding for your future studies and also provide important practical competencies for use in your future careers.
- Global Marketing Strategies - prepares you to strategically manage the effects and opportunities that globalisation brings, developing invaluable skills for today's business world. Globalisation is having a major impact on the way in which businesses operate and this unit focuses on strategies for operating successfully in a global market place.
- Strategic Business Management - develops strategic thinking skills for application to management issues in your future careers. The three critical areas of strategic analysis, strategic choice and strategic implementation are explored through the use of both underlying academic theory and authentic case studies, giving you both a practical and theoretical understanding of this key field.
Optional Module: Introduction to IELTS - prepares you for assessment by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This unit does not carry any credits towards the qualification and is not assessed by NCC Education.