The structure of the programme is made up of four semesters of classroom, laboratory, workshop and practical
activities in the institution – and a period at least 3 months of supervised industrial attachment.
Each semester shall have 17 weeks duration made up as follows:- 15 contact weeks of learning and practical
applications 2 weeks for examinations and registration.
To produce technically competent manpower to meet the National requirements in the areas of designing,
installation, maintenance and management of local, wide area and wireless network environment.
Duration: 2 Years
A product of ND in Network and System Security should be able to:
- Diagnose and correct faults on different networks;
- Implement network security and handle backup and recovery.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot all types of network hardware devices.
- Set up and upgrade a computer network.
- Start a small and medium scale enterprise that would provide solutions to organizations’ networks.
- Manage and administer computer network for optimum utilization.
- Update the performance and baseline of a network using network monitoring tools.
The entry requirements into National Innovation Diploma in Network and System Security programme include any of the following:-
- Post Secondary School Leavers with 5 Credits level passes in SSCE or equivalent, who are desirous of acquiring relevant employable skills.
- Unemployed or under-employed graduates looking for requisite employable skills.
- Employed graduates who desire relevant or additional working skills.
- Those out of school for a long time, in line with Government desire for open access to re-skilling and up-skilling of thenations workforce as part of Life Long Learning (LLL).
- National Vocational Certificate (NVC, Final) in Computer Studies from an approved Vocational Enterprise Institution (VEI).